1. The Patriot Award is issued to commemorate the disaster suffered in New York City on September 11, 2001. The Patriot Award is available to all amateurs worldwide who submit logs as written confirmation of having contacted a lighthouse station in each of the thirteen original colonies of the United States (Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Virginia). To encourage increased activity and station improvement throughout the bands, contacts on all amateur bands are accepted, including the WARC bands. The Patriot Award is available to SWL’s on a heard basis.
2. All ARLHS General Rules and requirements are applicable.
3. Contacts may be made over any period of years. Contacts must be confirmed in writing, preferably in the form of QSL cards. Photocopies are acceptable. The ARLHS can not be held responsible for any cards or documents other than to exercise normal care while they are in the Society’s possession.
4. Application Procedure (Please follow carefully)
*The Patriot Award Application Form (pp. 26-27) must be submitted to the Patriot Award Manager (see Application Form for address).
* If QSL cards are sent, they must be accompanied by sufficient postage for their safe return (registered mail is recommended because it is traceable). Photocopies of QSL cards are permitted and recommended. The ARLHS can not be held responsible for any cards or documents other than to exercise normal care while they are in the Society’s possession.
* All applications sent must include the appropriate fee(s):
- $2.00 for each Patriot Award certificate for ARLHS members or
- $5.00 for nonmembers
The above includes shipping and handling.
The cost for ALL endorsement seals (and award upgrades) for both members and nonmembers is:
- $2.00 for U.S. stations or
- $3.00 for DX stations
All applications require US currency, U.S. checks, International Money Orders, or U.S. Money Orders made payable to: ARLHS, LLC. IRCs are acceptable for return postage funds only.